The Memorial Day holiday weekend marks the beginning of summer and outdoor activities. After the brutal winter and spring weather, any opportunity for outdoor activity will be welcome. While many people have holiday plans to visit ocean or mountain destinations, don’t forget there’s a lot to do in town. If you’re looking for some local activities here’s a partial list of what’s available in Bellevue.
- With nearly 100 parks and recreation facilities, Bellevue offers plenty of green space. The city maintains 96 miles of trails and six beachfront parks.
- Bellevue Aquatic Center has a lap pool, warm water pool and party room
- Robinswood Tennis center offers programs and lessons for all ages
- Crossroads water spray playground is a favorite destination for the younger set
- Explore the lake – the SE 40th Street boat launch provides boat access to Lake Washington
- Tune up your golf game – the Crossroads 9 hole/par 3 chip and putt course is great for beginners and the Bellevue Golf Course offers a more challenging 18 hole/par 7 course plus a 46 stall driving range
- Visit the Mercer Slough – take a guided nature walk or canoe tour
- Bellevue Botanical Gardens has 17 acres of display gardens, natural wetlands and woodland trails
- Bellevue Arts Museum – visiting and permanent exhibits cover a wide range of arts and crafts and design elements
- Shop til you drop at Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square, Old Main Street or The Bravern. You’ll find world class shopping, dozens and dozens of fine and casual dining options offering indoor and patio opportunities for lunch, dinner sweets, snacks and libations, cinemas, comedy and bowling.
There’s no need to leave town to find something fun and interesting to do during the next 3 days – just make it a safe holiday weekend.